Dienstag, 15. April 2014

Salute Treasure Pile

So what did I spend my money on. Well besides a lot of strong coffee, burgers, beer and a DLR ticket.
First stop for me was Dixon Miniatures. I had preordered an early Confederate Army pack, a prospector with donkey and a farrier shoeing a horse. The last ones are for my Legends of the old West setting/project.
The models are meant to decorate the scene as bystanders.
The Confeddy's are meant for big scale LOTOW game. LOTOW has rules for gaming big scale up to 3000pts each side. Normal game is around 200 per side ( around 7-10 figures).
The army pack consists of 90 Infantry in various poses including drummer boys (yes they had boys for the drums) standart bearers (6 different models) and a lot of officer types. Then there are 3 guns with all different gun teams. Yepp 12 different figures. 24 riders also all different that can make two units as they came with two standart bearers. A limber with 6 horse team and two generals, one mounted one on foot.

Then I bought an ECW scottish Army from Tumbling Dice. Yes 20mm. Good value for money and yes scottish lancers in it. In fact scottish lancers are the reason for me to start collecting them.

Next stop was Harfields: Some old Airfix sets and some magazines. 25 magazines for 5 Pounds. Great value.

The biggest bargain for me are always books. I read a lot during train travel to work and history books are much cheaper in Britain then here in Germany. I bought 4 Ospreys for 3 each and 4 books about the Wild West and ACW. Lots to read.

The last stop was with Britannia Miniatures/Grubby Tanks.

I really tried to resist but these pesky small devils on my shoulder won again. So some trucks and two SU76  tanks for my Russian WWII collection.

All that was missing was my preorder from Newline but Seam promised to send these post free the next days.

The nicest thing of the whole Salute show was meeting with friends. Fantastic to see all those fellow bloggers again to have a chat and hear how all is going on. Chatting about new projects and well you know the thing that is called life and always interferes with the biggest past time planning.

Cheerio my friends see ya again on planet hobby....

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen